With the warmer weather that we found I could finally put the machine on. A slight leak in the fill in tap, just add a little of Teflon, and tightening, all is well.
It’s been three days that the machine works for at least 4 hours, and I made many rinses. Water has assumed an aspect totally normal and have no bad smell, I could finally enjoy a coffee.
Very surprising result of this machine with its tiny boiler stuck like that on group, and the pre-infusion that is adjusted with the tap water intake, in addition to the fineness of grinding it complicates the equation, but it must be exciting to explore. I have not been able to get out the best I think, but I do not have time unfortunately to further my study.
It’s been a while now that I have not written here, freezing cold has paralyzed France recently, this is the first time this has happened, the water has been frozen for two weeks in my studio. Could not work properly in these conditions, and even less take the risk of putting water in a boiler.
I got the last pieces that I missed to end the Velox, and finished the reassembly. I made a carrying timber to fix the machine while retaining some access to the rear for test there is no leak. I wait a bit to be sure that the temperature does not come down again, I will come back and tell you the first attempts to start.
I have put the group on the chassis. Then I redid the wiring with HT wire, it starts to take shape.
Cleaning the group head and the piston. The arm of the piston was a bit piqued by rust, I had to lightly sand, outside of the coverage area of the brass ring guide of course. There are still some traces, but I treated steel with a neutralizing, if you think the machine is 50 years old and is still missing 2/10mm metal in 50 years, it means that this piece can last for 500 years before it becomes critical.
I “developed a strategy” for mounting the machine on the wall. I was looking for something very solid for a good anchorage, but still aesthetic after the installed machine. I used threaded rod cut to length for a good set of inserts to seal. We had to tighten the nuts to the front of the machine, while having enough behind to sandwich the front, without crushing it against anything by forcing too much, so I placed nuts against nuts that does not move and will act as spacers. Attractive stainless steel cap nuts that I polished finish to Mount in Beauty.
To close this first part of the day I finally arrived to unlock the drain valve of bassinelle, cleaning, running the tapered and assembly grease funnel.